By Pedro Pires de Lima
Snipe sailor, Artist and a good man
I crewed for my uncle from 1972 to 1974. We sailed a lot, but mainly he wanted to improve his boat. A wooden boat, still sailed by his daughter, he changed from bow to stern.
At the age of 12, I learned how to helm the boat during all the hours he was lying on the deck looking at the way the bow opened the water. He glued some pieces of wood in that old fashion narrow bow and sculpted them until the first "Fat bow" Snipe was born.
The helm was growing fatter each week! 5mm more, 10mm more, 5 mm yet again ...
Read this week's SnipeToday digest, and then sign up to have it delivered directly to your inbox next week!
- Portoverde - April 11-12 (Zonale)
- Riccione - May 23-24 (Trofeo Manlio Mignani - Zonale)
- Rimini - July 8-9 (Junior Italian Nationals - DJ Regatta)
- Rimini - July 9-12 (Italian Nationals)
- Punta Marina - July 25-26 (Zonale)