Nassau, March 27-28, 2015. Final results after 3 races
1 Jimmie Lowe and Cameron Symonette 2-3-1, tot. 6
2 Stuart Grulke and Tara Levy 4-4-2, tot. 10
3 Robert Dunkley and Michelle Lakin Hope 1-1-DNF, tot. 11
4 Spencer Cartwright and Daniel Gibson 6-2-3, tot. 11
5 Martin Bebb and Terra Berlinski 3-5-4, tot. 12
6 Reino Suonsilta and Benjamin Darbyshire 5-6-5, tot. 16
7 Steve Lang and Jennie Scheafer 7-DNF-DNS, tot. 25
8 Hanna-Lena Lehtinen and Juha Lehtinen DNF-DNF-DNS, tot. 27
... photo gallery ...
Editor's Note: When I first met JJ and Tracy Hall at the 2012 North Americans, they were looking for a new sailing challenge. They bought a boat in 2014 and have climbed the learning curve quickly, learning the quirks of tuning and trim. They recently completed their first winter circuit events in Clearwater and Miami, with all the usual logistics further complicated by arranging childcare for their two boys. (Note their answer to "the perfect holiday"...)
According to JJ, all answers are the same for both of them, except as noted.
- 1) Your first time in a sailing boat?
JJ: My parents' Contessa 26 at age four. Tracy: A Laser at age 9.
- 2) Your first time in a Snipe?
2012 North Americans at Etobicoke YC in Toronto (chartered 30855 from the Traveling Snipe Fleet)
- 3) The most bizarre thing that happened in a regatta?
Tied a race in a dead heat..."dead nuts" was the call from the finish boat
Nassau, March 27, 2015. Results after 2 races
. Robert Dunkley/Michele Lakin Hope: 1-1
2. Jimmie Lowe/Cameron Symonette: 2-3
3. Stuart Grulke/Tara Levy: 4-4
4. Spencer Cartwright/Daniel Gibson (Jrs): 6-2
5. Martin Bebb/Terra Berlinsky: 3-5
6. Reinl Suonsilta/Benjamin Darbyshire: 5-6
7. Hanna-Lena/Juha Lehtinen: dnf-dnf
8. Steve Lang/Jeannie Schaefer: 7-dnf
... image gallery ...
Read this week's SnipeToday digest, and then sign up to have it delivered directly to your inbox next week!