Talamone, October 31, 2014. NE wind 12-15 knots. Results after 3 races
Photo: Sun, palm trees, a castle and snipes
1. BEL Manu Hens & Maj Kristin Hansen Borgen, 3-2-1, tot. 5,75
2. ITA Enrico Solerio & Sergio Simonetti, 2-3-2, tot. 7
3. ITA Pietro Fantoni & Michele Meotto, 7-1-3, tot. 10,75
... full results ...
Ever wonder where someone finished in a major Championship? Check out the updated pages on www.snipe.org with new tables for the major championships updated with results (when available). Worlds (open, Jr, Master & Women's); European (Jr & Open), and WH&O.
Raul de Valenzuela Santaella, 2012 and 2014 European Champion
- 1) Last August you won your second European Championship. What is the difference between the Europeans in Cervia and the last one in Kamien Pomorski?
The difference with the European Championship in Cervia is very large, the level of my preparation was not as I'd like, back injury, my work with the Club and the new boat Zeltic have greatly complicated my preparation for this championship. The pressure for being the reigning European champions makes you compete in another way, the rivals recognize you and is harder to race.
- 2) Do you think it was an advantage to sail as current European Champion, or was it more difficult?
I think this second Championship was a little harder than in Italy, harsh weather, difficult race course and the high level of participants have made it very difficult to win it again, I think the key was consistency, since long time, I tend to be a very regular sailor, I always try not to take too many risks in my racing.