Kenta Nakagawa, from Doshisha University, Japan, was 6th at the 2015 Junior Worlds.
(Photo courtesy of Matias Capizzano)
– 1) Your first time on a sailing boat?
My first time was when I was 15 years old on a Snipe.
– 2) Your first time on a Snipe?
Same as 1.
– 3) The most bizarre thing that happened in a regatta?
I do not know what to write. Too many things bizzare things happened in various ways. hahaha
– 4) What is the thing that most angers you in a race/regatta?
When I am on the wrong side, like during the Snipe Junior Worlds in 2015. I dropped a big opportunity and through it lost first place.
– 5) Which is the race/regatta that you remember with the most pleasure?
The victory at the All-Japan Student Championship in 2012 when I won the individual championship. I remember even now because it was the first time I achieved that title.
– 6) And the race/regatta you would like to forget?
There are too many. hahaha.
– 7) Your “dream in the peak”? (Your sailing dream?)
Now my dream is to win the Snipe World Championship. But also enjoy to sailing Snipes forever!
– Sailing goals for 2016, and beyond?
The goal is to qualify at the All Japan Championship (Japan Nationals) for the next World Championship. Also I want to train my best to do well at the Worlds!
– 9) The most important people for you in sailing and in the Snipe?
I think the most important is my crew (Yoshinori Oka). He helped me many times. Also, I am very grateful to everyone who sailed with me, even though it wasn’t necessarily for a long time.
– 10) Why the Snipe?
Simply because the Snipe is fun!
– 11) Your perfect sailing venue and your perfect sailing conditions?
I prefer to sail with strong wind and a little cold temperature.
– 12) Besides sailing which other sport do you practice?
I do running as training for sailing.
– 13) Are you superstitious?
No. I believe it is just the skipper, the crew and the compass.
– 14) Your perfect holiday?
Sail all day from dawn!