Marko Marinovic, sailmaker and sailor from Split, Croatia, and SCIRA Southern European Secretary
– 1) Your first time on a sailing boat?
– 2) Your first time on a Snipe?
2015 , I was passing in my club where was Croatian Championship , when I saw happy people going on water, I was sure that is time to go back in dinghy sailing. I bought a boat before even try to sail in Snipe. After few month I bought another boat with plan to sell one for creating a fleet in my home town Split.
– 3) The most bizarre thing that happened in a regatta?
For me nothing is bizarre !!
– 4) What is the thing that most angers you in a race/regatta?
– 5) Which is the race/regatta that you remember with the most pleasure?
Almost all except races from answer below
– 6) And the race/regatta you would like to forget?
There was few. 🙂
– 7) Your “dream in the peak”? (Your sailing dream?)
I do not want to make target with result , much better dreaming is to have good race.
– 8) Sailing goals for 2019, and beyond?
My target is good sailing on 2020 Europeans (in Split, Croatia).
– 9) The most important people for you in sailing and in the Snipe?
Probably my brother
In Snipe: I would never start in Snipe class without Vlado Kaliterna. Beside Vlado, Luka Jercic is my club colleague and we all enjoy sailing together.
– 10) Why the Snipe?
It is more about Snipe Class.
Class is great. You can get full support. Specially from technical part. I can see that people are really happy when they try to help you.
Snipe is easy with logistics, but at the same time very challenge from the technical part
– 11) Your perfect sailing venue and your perfect sailing conditions?
10 knots of wind.
– 12) Besides sailing which other sport do you practice?
– 13) Are you superstitious?
– 14) Your perfect holiday?
Cruising on the Adriatic and skiing on the Dolomites (not necessary in this order).