Yuichi Ooi, with his crew Noriaki Sakai, was ninth (first Japanese team) at the 2015 Snipe World Championship in Talamone.
… short answers and photos (by Matias Capizzano) …
– 1) Your first time on a sailing boat?
It was at 15 years old
– 2) Your first time on a Snipe?
I was 18 years old
– 3) The most bizarre thing that happened in a regatta?
4) What is the thing that most angers you in a race/regatta?
– 5) Which is the race/regatta that you remember with the most pleasure?
Snipe Western Hemisphere and Orient Championship of Buenos Aires. Because I won a prize at my first overseas expedition.
– 6) And the race/regatta you would like to forget?
Snipe World Championship of Denmark. Because I recalled two races in a row.
– 7) Your “dream in the peak”? (Your sailing dream?
– 8) Sailing goals for 2016, and beyond?
Snipe World Champion in 2017
– 9) The most important people for you in sailing and in the Snipe?
People who supported me
10) Why the Snipe?
In Japan, there has been many snipe sailors. The Snipe is the major japanese sailing class and it allows the youth generation to sail their typical regattas and to continue to sail. So Snipe is a familiar boat for me.
– 11) Your perfect sailing venue and your perfect sailing conditions?
– 12) Besides sailing which other sport do you practice?
– 13) Are you superstitious?
– 14) Your perfect holiday?
Time with my family