Omisalj, July 6-7, 2013. Pietro Fantoni and Marinella Gorgatto win in Croatia.
Results, photos and regatta report by Damir Vranic
This year eleven boats gathered in Omisalj for the Kvarner Cup and the 2nd leg of this years Summer Circuit (1st leg took place in Cervia at Piada trophy).
Three teams from Italy and seven from Croatia at the starting line on Saturday with the weather forecast that looked promising for both days showing moderate to strong “Bora-NE”.
However the first signal at 13:00 was given with light and demanding wind conditions. Bojan Grego who was sailing with his 12 years old son Ivan took the lead and won the race.
Then Bora started and as she builded up so we started to have some “serious fun” lol. Stefano “The Lovetti” Longhi and his crew Francesca Ruggero managed best in the demanding conditions and took both wins in the 2nd and 3rd race.
It was however Pietro Fantoni with his crew Marinella Gorgatto who sailed the most consistency and with three 2nd places managed to take the overall lead on the first day. The “Rockets” Fabio & Daniela took three 3rd that was enough for second overall.
After demanding day we all gathered for some barbecue after when the most courageous ones lead by Mr. “Lovetti” went to after party at the local football club …
And so we came to Sunday with Bora that was blowing already over 30 so it was decided to stay inside the bay, but very shifty wind didn’t allow the race committee to set the course, so we wait and in the afternoon with a shorten course manage to sail two more races.
The podium didn’t changed although it was very tensioned on the race course till the very end. The big struggle was going on for the 4-7th position between all four teams and it was the European Champion from ’66 Anton Grego with his son Vlado who outsmarted all and took 4th.
Pietro Fantoni with Nicola Gerin/Marinella Gorgatto also won his second Summer Circuit! Well done Pietro!
A big “thank you” to all who sailed this week in Omisalj! See you next year!
1. ITA 15790 P. Fantoni & M. Gorgatto, 2-2-2-1-(3), tot. 7
2. ITA 30983 F. Rochelli & D. Semec, (3)-3-3-2-1, tot. 9
3. ITA 30774 S. Longhi & F. Ruggiero, (8)-1-1-7-2, tot. 11
4. CRO 30501 A. Grego & V. Grego, 6-(7)-6-3-4, tot. 19
5. CRO 30442 D. Vranic & R. Sparozic, (9)-4-4-6-6, tot. 20
6. CRO 29569 V. Kabalin & M. Moric, (5)-5-7-5-5, tot. 20
7. ITA 28906 M. Valetic & S. Zgomba, (7)-6-5-4-7, tot. 22
8. CRO 30909 B. Grego & I. Grego, 1-(DNC)-DNC-DNC, tot. 37
9. CRO 30707 N. Deskovic & D. Deskivic, 4-(DNC)-DNC-DNC-DNC, tot. 40
10 CRO 28274 V. Nalis & I. Staraj, (OCS)-8-DNC-8-DNC, tot. 40
11. CRO 25569 A. Sepich & E. Deskovic, 10-9-(DNC)-DNC-DNC, tot. 43