2016 (58th Annual) Florida State Snipe Junior Championship.
Miami, Coconut Grove Sailing Club, September 3, 2016.
By Gonzalo Diaz
Eddie Mintzias won the Florida State Snipe Junior Championship after 5 races sailed on Saturday September 3 in the waters of Biscayne Bay. Winds from the South East 10 to 14 mph. Second Place was taken by Paul Lobree, skipper and Alex Sidi crew. Third place Jonathan Gleason with father Art crewing for him and sailing my old boat Jupiter II (28814). Fourth place taken by Isabel Guaragna with her father Roberto crewing for her.
Thanks to Ken and Kay Voss for running the races with their motorboat. To Baird and Helene Lobree for helping setting the marks, start and finish lines also using their own boat and to Susan Walcutt and the CGSC for their help in organizing this Event.
Gonzalo Diaz, Sr. Fleet Captain.
354) First two boats to arrive from the racing. Johathan Gleason skipper on 28814 and Alex Sidi crew on the other boat.
356) Trophies display. Perpetual and Keepers for the first 3 places, skippers and crews.
357) 1963 and 1968 engraving in Perpetual Trophy. This Perpetual trophy has never been lost because it is not taken away by the winners.
359) 1958 and 1960 engravings on the Perpetual Trophy. First engraving is from Ken Lippincot Jr. in 1957 won in Eau Gallie, Florida.
360) The trophy winners and some of the competitors. From Left: Roberto Guaragna crew, Ernesto Rodriguez crew, Isabel Guaragna Skipper, the Florida State Jr. Champion, Eddie Mintzias holding the Perpetual Trophy, Second Place Skipper and crew, Paul Lobree and Alex Sidi and Third Place Skipper and crew Jonathan Gleason and Art Gleason