Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA, January 28, 2019. Four races in the ocean were as shifty as lake sailing, with the added challenge of a rolling swell. No lead was safe, and three of the nine teams won a race.
Because the Boomerang is primarily a singlehanded junior regatta (100 Optimists plus Laser Radials and 4.7s), the scoring program was not set up to print out crews’ names. We’ve added them in below. Thanks to LYC for including Snipes for a great tuneup regatta ahead of April’s Pan Am Trials. And welcome to father and son John and Garrett Dixon!
- Augie Diaz & Margeaux Barco, 12
- Peter Commette & Connie Commette, 12
- Carol Cronin & Jeff Eiber, 13
- Andrew Pimental & Megan Place, 14
- Ernesto Rodriguez & Monica Wilson, 18
- Andre Guragna & Charlie Breath, 24
- Sharon Seymour-Johnson & Jason Hill, 25
- Stephan Irgens and Monica Irgens, 31
- Garrett Dixon & John Dixon, 37