Mattsee, Austria, April 29, 2018. Final results after 5 races (1 discard)
By Daniela Semec
It was a nice weekend of sailing on Lake Mattsee in Austria, Salzburgerland, for the third edition of the Snipe Alpen Gran Prix, first leg of the 2018 Franz Joseph Cup (Alpe Adria Region Circuit).
All 5 scheduled races were completed in fantastic weather conditions, sunny, 25 Celsius and medium light breeze between 6 and 12 knots.
The hospitality of the club and our Austrian friends was excellent.
Ezio Prataviera, Austrian National Secretary, with the help of all the volunteers and sponsors organized great social events: a welcome traditional dinner with wurstel and beer on Friday, snacks, gadgets at the registration, an exquisite dinner on Sunday in a restaurant with a wonderful view of the Alps, and after sailing a raffle, a lot of prizes and great fun with jokes for everybody. A big thanks to PRO Andreas Listl, who was able to run a great regatta with only the help of three children on the RC boat!
Pietro Fantoni and Arianna Buzzetti, who ruled all with three victories on Saturday, won the regatta. In second place were Fabio Rochelli and Daniela Semec and on the third step of the podium was Enrico Michel, with his young daughter Mathilda as crew at their first regatta together.
1. ITA Pietro Fantoni & Arianna Buzzetti, 5
2. ITA Fabio Rochelli & Daniela Semec, 8
3. ITA Enrico Michel & Mathilda Michel, 9
4. ITA Lapo Savorani & Alessandro Bari, 15
5. ITA Andrea Piazza & Marta Pendesini, 17
6. CRO Nikola Deskovic & Neven Barsic, 22
7. AUT Ezio Prataviera & Gioele Toffolo, 23
8. GER Rainer Lischke & Wolfram Muhluber, 31
- Alpen Grand Prix – Mattsee (Austria), April 28-29
- South European Championship – Trieste (Italy), May 12-13
- German Open – Caldonazzo (Italy), May 25-27
- Sipar International – Moscenicka Draga (Croatia), June 2-3